Structure Of The Paper
The exam consists of three parts.
- The Scenario part contains one scenario, providing a description of the customer and the business rationale for the opportunity; the objectives of the opportunity; the bidding organizations and their history with the customer; as well as how they intend to position themselves for the opportunity.
- The Questions part contains six questions, each covering a different syllabus area, which will be clearly identified at the beginning of each question. Each of the six questions contains a number of part questions e.g. A, B or C. Each of the ‘part-questions’ will identify the portion of the examination points allocated to it. Each part question may have 3, 4, 5 or 6 question lines. Each question line within the part question attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks.
- The Answer part contains the answer pages on which the answers must be given. There is one answer page for each question (1 to 6). Usually, there will only ever be one answer to each question. However, for multiple response questions two answers are required (this will be clearly stated within the question).
Preparing For APMP Practitioner Certification Exam
Getting the APMP certification or even writing the exam can seem like a daunting process and you might feel under prepared or anxious. Given below are some tips and strategies for writing the exam:
- Familiarize yourself with the APMP Body of Knowledge
The APMP Practitioner OTE requires that you know factual data and use the information in decision making and/or apply the information to a situation. The “factual data” used as the basis for the exam is supported by the information contained in the APMP Body of Knowledge. It is strongly recommended that you take time to familiarize yourself with the information contained within the BoK.
- Use the sample examination paper to test your knowledge
You can take the sample exam by visiting this web page and selecting “APMP Practitioner” from the drop down menu.
Practice the online APMP sample Exam by clicking here.
- Feedback from the sample exam
When you take the sample exam and submit your answers, unlike for the live examination, you receive feedback for each question that you answer.
Your analysis of your answers to the questions in the sample paper will help you determine where you need to spend your study time. Eventually you will decide that you have studied all you can.
- Look at the available resources
For further information about the certification click here.